I'm All Wet!!

I had a GREAT workout today with Nikki. Schedules got mixed up and I got a fantastic 40 minute elliptical workout before we did our weight training. I really wish I had programmed my weight in before starting. It showed just over 400 calories burned (40 minutes, resistance 4, incline 9) but that was for a 150 lb person. Let's just think I burned atleast 500 with my extra 90 or so lbs of lovage :) Yippee. 500 calories before my workout - that's a happy day! And since I did all that cardio we did just weights, exactly the way I like it! It still amazes me how many different ways there are to work out. I mean sure, a lot of the time I do things that I have done before but considering how many times I have worked with Nikki in the past and now - it's just crazy that she finds completely new ways to work it!

For some retarded reason I had my hair down today, which only makes the whole scenario worse. So, I am sweating like crazy before Nikki and I even get down to business. Then our session was great, then the walk home. It was raining. I use to hate the rain, probably because in California any sort of weather that isn't perfect bugs the crap out of us. It's like our barter with mother nature got messed up. 'I will live with crazy people and terrible traffic, you just give me clear skies and mid seventies - ok!' Anywho, so I am walking home, and I forgot to mention I brought my sachel with me to carry this meat I had purchased from a local beef farm that delivered to the gym. I just want you to have the full picture. I have this full sachel over my shoulder, my hoody sweatshirt zipped up and my hair down. I am drenched in sweat and the rain. That's right, it was beautiful. For a minute there I started to hear the Rocky theme in my head and imagined this beautiful intro sequence. "That's right, she can do... it's AMIE MARSE!"

Don't be jealous of my imagination :) Go get your own.

The best part of the story, I went straight home and had my planned lunch. No special extra because of the excess calories burned. Now that is a miracle!

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment