My Ideal Women

There are a lot of reasons to get into fitness. There are a lot of healthy icons out there. The kind of athlete you are should be directly related to the "ideal" in your mind. As a women, I think about what my ideal would be. Now, I might be the wrong body type, I might have the wrong size frame...but knowing my ideal lets me know a little more about my goals. Think of your ideal women. Would she be a tall, lean pilates/yoga girl? What about a huge muscle bound tank of a fitness model? What about a slightly curvier but less bulky figure model? Or, is she simply the fit and healthy mom next door?
This path of fitness can take many roads. One can focus solely on cardio or really stress the weight training. The path you choose is directly related to the end result. Now, I am all for just doing something. Getting off your bum and making a change. We've heard it a thousand times, fitness and health must be a life change. I believe it, that is the whole point of this blog and journey. I want a life change. I also want to shape my inner athlete.
For me, the figure model is my ideal. She is tone, strong and lean. Not bulky, just sexy. I never want to be 115 lbs. I want to have too many muscles for that! I don't yearn for the Jennifer Aniston sleak look. Though she is gorgeous and I would love to look like her, she is not my ideal. What about you? And what does that ideal mean for your routine? Are you jogging like crazy and taking a namaste yoga class? Or, are you trying to fit your cardio around your weight training like me? You can be your ideal women. Sorry fellas, or your ideal man. My point is being fit is not a one size fits all deal. Find your size. Work toward your ideal.

"Obsessed is what lazy people call the dedicated."

1 comment:

Helen said...

I'm completely a cardio girl - just love it. I will choose running over weights any day of the week.

Three months ago, because I was so sick of going to the gym and hauling weight around a couple times a week, I took up Muay Thai Boxing. I may have found my answer to the hated strength training.

It's perfect for me because I use my own body weight as resistance and when I have a Sensei yelling "25 pushups, now, now now" I actually do it.

I would love to look like Jennifer Aniston but know it's not in my cards so I've decided I just need to look like a better version of me :-)

Post a Comment