A Baby Step

ok...I took a first step. I joined the Riverside Wellness Center close to me. It costs more than the Y, but it's more convenient so I'm hoping I'll go more often.

So far, I've been once...to sign up....I have my bag in the car, but I didn't make it to the gym or pool yet....maybe tomorrow? (I have 5 client meetings tomorrow and then a church dinner in the evening so I doubt I'll make it) Is it true that the first step is the hardest? I'm thinking that the second step may be the one.

I had planned to set up appointments with a personal trainer, but he hasn't called yet (it's been just over 24 hours)...how long should I wait before I contact another trainer? (and I thought I was the patient one!)

I guess I need to stop making excuses and just do something. I should think about what sort of advice I'd give me if I were my mom. Oh yeah...just do it!

and I should take Amie's advice and get some vitamins (besides, the doctor called today and told me to take them too). And maybe I should get one of those PUR thingys too. I don't mind tap water, but the sink is upstairs at work, so it would probably be easier if I got a pitcher and kept it on my desk...I didn't realize how much I was drinking until I looked at the box of empty water bottles to go to the recycle place....at least I don't drink a lot of soda!

1 comment:

Amie Marse said...

ah the joys of water. Everyone should have 8 glasses of 8 ounces waters a day. Plus another 8 ounces for every 25 pounds overweight you are. And keep with it - the first few days of peeing like crazy is just your body releasing all that nastiness... eventually you will just replenish yourself without flushing (nastiness or the toilet)nearly as often.

Post a Comment